Friday, November 12, 2010

Love Cows ? Eat EMU.

I ran out of my iron pills so I cooked up everything in the house that had high amounts of iron in it:

Fresh Emu, beets, sucatash and sweet potatoes.

The emu was delicious. I made really small hamburgers that cooked quickly in a frying pan of butter and a little water. It kept them moist and juicy.

Had cut up watermelon for dessert.  The smoke alarms never went off the whole time I was cooking.

This is a good thing.



I am practicing cooking for Thanksgiving.  My 86 year old mom is coming to see where I moved to. We haven't been together on Thanksgiving in 7 years.

I don't cook, as most of you have guessed, so this is really important that I start now so that I have a decent meal for my mom.

Wish I had some venison or something different for T Day.

I should put the local volunteer fire department on alert....just incase.

1 comment:

  1. Daring, very daring. LOL But your plate looked yummy. Thanksgiving, huh? That's less than 2 weeks away.....

    Lots of liver down here..... I think I'm set for 5 years...

    ReplyDelete