Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Snowed Inn


We have been hit with a big snow storm today. So far, there is 22-24 inches of beautiful big piles of snow as far as the eye can see. Unfortunately, its the big heavy "sugar snow" that will bend the trees eventually, snap limbs and shut the power down.  I am trying to get all my computer work finished before this event happens.
My 4 flashlights are loaded with fresh batteries and ready for action.
The past 10 days has certainly been unusual. I have been totally house bound with a cast on my leg and struggling with crutches, mostly trapped on the second floor of this very cold old farm house. I haven't been able to walk, drive or even get dressed as my leg is so swollen that I am unable to get into any pants, even my "fat" pants.  Today my truck is literally buried under snow and I won't be able to move it when the plow man comes.  Oh well.  I am sure the entire town has noticed my vehicle has not moved in 10 days.
Took some good photos this morning of the snow. It really is beautiful here in the shadow of the mountain.




Looks like we will get at least 30 inches from this storm.  Another storm is suppose to hit on Friday, so the skiiers, snowmobilers and sledders will all be happy.  My cows love this kind of weather. All snow, no rain and no wind.  Perfect for livestock.  Wish I could go out and really enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, that doesn't sound good! What happened to your leg?

    ReplyDelete