Sunday, January 3, 2010

Chicken Chatter

Today is the fourth, and hopefully the last, day of the big New England Nor'Easter snowstorm.  Some areas of this state have recieved 32 inches of snow, so far. The sand trucks and snow plows have been going by constantly and some of the neighbors roadside mail boxes have dissapeared from sight, either buried by snow or distroyed by plows.   Back in the chicken coop the hens have been recieving increased amounts of snacks and attention, since we are all snow bound together.  They have been gracious in providing large, fresh eggs for breckfast each day during this beautiful winter weather weekend. 



Many of the hens meet me at the door when I come to visit them.  Some want to be patted, the others want the snacks I usually bring.  The coop is warm and full of hens chattering and pecking at the squash, bread, noodles, oatmeal and corn I give them.



There is nothing like a bunch of friendly, happy hens to bring a smile to my face. Especially when they give me 12 eggs as a gift from them on a very snowy winters day.

No comments:

Post a Comment