Monday, May 17, 2010

Planting the Cow Seeds

There are many new farmers with a smile on their face today.

Some got deliveries of their new foundation cows this weekend.  



These cows will be the start of a new herd for them and help to grow their new businesses. 

Alot of time, effort, worry and planning have gone into finding the right kind of farms for my cattle to go to and all the screening of inquiries and meeting dozens of interested farmers has really helped me to gently disperse my herd into the right hands.  

Most importantly, my responsibility for these cows does not end when I leave their farms with an empty trailer.




My mentoring stays with the cows for their entire lifetime. When ever these new farmers have a question about anything regarding my cattle, or just cattle in general, they can ask me and I will do everything in my power to get them the answer or physically show them how something is done.     It's just how I am.   
I want them to succeed with my cows.  And I want my cows to succeed with them.       I also want to sleep peacefully at night knowing I have done everything possible to keep these farmers farming!

1 comment:

  1. You are a wonderful farmer/rancher. You are the mentor we all aspire to be!
    Congratulations to all the new farmers as well.

    ReplyDelete