Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Front Porch Tails

This month has been humid, but in the late afternoons a breeze blows across the front porch.

I love to sit out here and read a book and watch the flock grazing in the fields and sometimes they come over to the porch to see what I am doing.

Presently I am reading a book about ship wrecks.  I bought it for a dollar at the 4th of July library sidewalk sale, and its riveting.  Can't put it down.




My constant companion, Mavis, likes to relax here on this old porch too, for 2 reasons:

1. The ducks can't reach her ( they peck at her and chase her away from her chew bone )
2. She can catch a breeze and take a nap.



I love having a big porch, a good breeze and a beautiful view.

What is your favorite thing you like to do on your porch?

What book are you reading this week?
~

1 comment:

  1. Time enough for Love by Robert Heinlein.

    There was to have been a porch added to the west side of the house, at a later date. Doubt it will ever happen now. So no porch sitting here.

    ReplyDelete