Thursday, October 24, 2013

Mavis' Day

Bright and early Mavis and I went down town to do some errands.

We passed the herd on our way down the road.

No bright cow colors here since the blonde and red Simmentals went to a younger farmer.  sniff.


On our errands we found a dinasaur in a field made out of scrap wood.
Its about 100 feet long.
and you can set up a camp or a picnic under it.
 Very unusual.
 
 
Then we came home and continued to pull up the garden and roll up fences.

I'm still finding squash in the tall grass. Each one is a surprise.


Then a neighbor drove over in his John Deere Gator to see what kind of mischief we were into and Mavis jumped on the seat and wanted to go for a ride!


Considering how timid she is around vehicles I was very surprised when she did not hesitate to jump right in.



If Mavis likes this rig, I might have to get one of these.


Then we took a break . I read my book and Mavis resumed her Farm Dog duties of guarding the porch.





A good dog and a good dog day.

How was your dogs day ?

1 comment:

  1. i see a john deere in your future! i love how mavis crosses her front legs!

    ReplyDelete