Monday, June 20, 2011

Winter is Looking Better Already

When I went to check on the cows today I noticed two things:

FIRST, Google, the cow nearest me has just 'blown her plug', her cervical plug.

If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you can see the mucus discharge.

You know what that means don't you ?





There is a calf coming.      Guess a date and sex.

Winner gets a funny cow book.


The SECOND thing I noticed was a BIG, BLUE piece of equipment, sitting near the burnt out tractor.

This beautiful used piece of metal will make farm life a lot easier come winter. 

We have been tractor-less for 7 months and 5 days.   A lifetime.    

This is my new best friend.        I have already kissed it.        Several times.





All it needs now is a spear attachment to move hay bales and a barn to be parked in.

Big Blue came from Maine.       Wonderful things come from Maine  : )

Thank you Maine.

3 comments:

  1. I will guess Bull calf on Wednesday . Yay for you on the tractor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing Thursday and a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Men and their tractors! Congratulations. It will make your winter work much easier.

    ReplyDelete