Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Calm Before the Storm

Today, Wednesday & Thursday is the Barre Vermont Farm Show.  Three days of everything agriculture!  If you are in the neighborhood, come on up and experience lots of equipment, small ag businesses and farmers from the most rural areas of the state.   The tractor color is incredible, the conversations are educational and the food is delicious.  If you are unable to attend, I will post photos and a summary of events, foods and each and every tractor.

This morning I awoke to frozen pipes in the laundry room.

At the farm show I was talking with a small group of educators and farmers and each one of us had frozen pipes that we had to contend with once we returned home this evening.
We were all very puzzled about this frozen pipe thing since it was a tropical 10 degrees ABOVE zero today, as opposed to the -30 degree temps of yesterday.

It was snowing when I left home early this am for the Farm Show.


When I returned to water the herd again, the sun was out and everything was calm and quiet.


The cows love the hoop barn.  Lots of hay from the weekend is in there for them to snuggle in.

Jillian is giving me the 'graham cracker' look.....


The weathermen have been avoiding the subject of snow except to say that there is a "substantial" amount of snow predicted for tomorrow.

Massachusetts is issuing all kinds of emergency alerts tonight.
I got 9 different ones within 70 minutes.

And all the Vermont farmers are still planning on going to the Farm Show. 
There is too much to see and so much free "loot" to get that not even a tornado would keep us Ag junkies from gittn there!

I hope its not over 10 inches of snow coming.

I am running out of places to shovel it to.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a great show! I am wanting to get me some cows soon. We are planning on getting our fences up soon and maybe our barn built by early Spring. Do you keep donkeys in with your cows?

    ReplyDelete