Friday, January 20, 2012

Sandwich Farmer

We are having sandwiches today with bread that my friend made, cheese that another friend made and lettuce that I am growing.   Fresh milk to wash it all down, plus an apple pie from our own fall apples for dessert.

I have a small field of lettuce growing inside the house and this week it really got some growth on it so it was time for another tasty harvest of it.      Sandwiches today, salad tomorrow.






The only item in the sandwiches that was not " Made in Vermont" is the Miracle Whip.

Not bad for a 15 degree day in January!


~

2 comments:

  1. I love meals like that. My lettuce decided it was too early to grow and keeled over in the livingroom. Lack of sunshine. I'm going to try again, though. Sounds like a very enjoyable time.

    ReplyDelete