Saturday, March 3, 2012

Just Around the Bend....

In my exploring travels today I went around a bend in the road and found this incredible sight:
I almost drove off the road when I saw it.......



I had no idea there was a round barn in the area I was driving in.

Probably since all the roads in that area had been washed out since May 2011 and were impassable until August. Then Hurricane Irene came in August and destroyed the same roads again, so they have been shut down for repairs until very recently.  What a surprise to see this well kept round barn.
Too bad it was on a sharp curve in the road.
I had a long line of traffic behind me so I had to drive by, find a place 8 miles away to turn around and then return back to the beautiful red oasis in the middle of nowhere.


 
My heart was pounding hard with excitement as I drove closer and closer.


 
Someone has really taken good care of this structure.


 
Judging from the fencing in the fields I am guessing that they are raising sheep, goats or alpacas.
I will have to find out more about this adorable farm.



You can't quite see it, but there is a fully decorated Christmas tree in the barn doorway and Christmas lights strung across the top of the doorway.



I love surprises like this.
Historical barns in hidden places.
This is the best find, so far this year !
~

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful discovery. Such a grand old barn. I have visited a barn such as this, at a Shaker Museum, I believe it was in New Hampshire. How I would love to own an old barn and fill it was donkeys and llamas. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful barn! I absolutely love round barns; there are two in Santa Rosa, CA, where I live.

    ReplyDelete