Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Things That Crumble

Had a nice road trip to northern New Hampshire and got to see many "old" things.



Old sad barns falling down.




Built in 1799 with hand axed beams and post and peg construction.

Hurts my heart to see barns like this.


Down the road I found the Old Man.
An almost exact replica of the New Hampshire State Emblem: Old Man of the Mountain, which crumbled and fell down the mountainside several years ago.

Did you hear it when it crashed to the ground?



This natural outcropping is in a secret location.  On the side of a major highway that no one gives a second look at.
I do hope it doesn't crumble and fall apart.



Someone recently put up a sign.



Nice little surprises await in the most unexpected places.
~

1 comment:

  1. Howdy Janis - I found your blog a few weeks ago and have been enjoying your lovely posts and pics. The Old man prompted me to comment. I have always enjoyed seeing the special treasure God has tucked in here and there for us to find. I'm out here on the west coast and hubby & I ocean fish (salmon, albacore etc). My favorite rock is called Elephant Rock and yes, its looks just like an elephant stepping down into the water. Only us boat fishin' folks have a chance to enjoy as its only visible from the ocean. It's one of those things that make you smile and say Thanks, God! Your blog is full of those. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete