Friday, March 22, 2013

February Fish'n Friday

(I guess I forgot to post this last month...oops...)

Well its FFF and there are lots of trucks full of ice fishing gear headed to every pond and lake in the area.

I knew something was up when I drove to the village and several trucks had orange flags sticking out of buckets in the truck beds.



 Serious stuff.

I went to the drive up window at the bank and the truck in front of me also had a truck bed full of buckets and ice jigs.



I drove by one of the fish'n villages later in the day and took a look around.


 Seemed quiet here.


 There were some homemade unusual fishing shanties on the ice that were worth looking at.



The best fishing happens before a snow storm.

Have you got a winter fish'n village where you are?

Ever been ice fishing ?
~

7 comments:

  1. Ice fishing is a fun family sport. It was my son's wife Megan who introduced us to this winter sport about five years ago. Unfortunately, due to thin ice, not many ventured out this year. Better safe than sorry. Have a good weekend, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen them except on tv. I just do not see the attraction of sitting in a little shck on the ice and freezing my butt off just in hopes of catching a fish. I go fishing here in Oregon at lakes and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ice fishing is something I have no comprehension of down here in Arizona!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my husband loves ice fishing!!! Thank you for sharing your lovely blog at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ice fishing sounds cold but I would do it for the experience for sure!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't ice fish but can really enjoy the social aspect of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been ice fishing but it is very popular in Maine where I am from.

    Thanks for sharing your favorite post at Raising Imperfection! We feature our favorites on Friday, make sure to come back and check.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete