Monday, March 25, 2013

S is for Coop Chatter


S is for Stealth.   S is for sneaky.  S is for spy.
S is for Speckled Sussex
S is for side porch.
S is for eScape.


Who let the hens out ?

Who let them on the porch ?


 Who left the door open

So flock could critique what they saw?



Who brings the treats out ?

Who gets them first ?


Why do hens play coy and ignore the one they idolize, the Bringer of All Things Good ?



And act like the attention they receive is no big deal...


 But.....Every so often looking in the window to see what I am doing and telling the other hens every move I make.




And when I arrive to feed the herd, I get the same sort of look.... in a Bovine way.




It feels good to be so needed and wanted.... but I could sure use a few days off to pamper myself.

Any affordable, realistic ideas ?
~

15 comments:

  1. Too funny! I love how they all crowded around the door like that. It is good to feel needed and wanted, but some days I feel like all I do is feed people and animals!

    Maybe just take a stay-cation and do something you really enjoy. Let someone else take animal duties :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love these photos they made me laugh. I escape into blogland it is cheap and makes me forget the work for awhile. Good luck:) B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some healthy lookin' hens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny! If they could only talk, right? I always feel pampered by having a mani/pedi. Not really expensive, and very therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to suggest the same thing. I like to tie getting a haircut, pedicure, and chiropractic visit to the same day. A massage is pretty special too.

      Delete
  5. Great post! I smiled all the way through it! My grandparents had chickens and I loved collecting the eggs. Blessings to you and all your critters up there in the cold and snow! Come link up with me athttp://nanahood.com/lung-cancer-and-asbestos-exposure for my Thursday Thoughts blog hop if you have time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the post – great pics! The hens are so attractive!

    Have a great Easter weekend,

    Visiting from Alphabe-Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is it with chickens? They can be so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty door and fluffy hens...however I could not help but wonder who keeps the porch clean? Oh, yeah, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it possible to hire someone one day a week in exchange for eggs. Daily chores on a farm can be exhaustive. Or hire some girl scouts or boy scouts who are looking to fulfill a merit badge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Easter!
    visit and follow from Friday blog hop.
    Would be nice if you can visit and link up at my blog.
    Have a great weekend.
    Nan
    http://www.blogshe.net/2013/03/we-need-tutor.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such Silly little hens...

    A Superb post for the letter S...

    It definitely got me Smiling...

    Spectacular job!

    A+

    ReplyDelete